Evergreen Co-op's Food Gift Card Fundraising Program helps local community groups and non-profits raise funds to support their activities and operations. Whether you’re raising money to help your sports team, dance crew, charity or travel club, Co-op is here to help!
We welcome applications from:
• Non-profit/registered charitable organizations exempt from taxation under the Canada Income Tax Act, whose programs and services benefit our community.
• Not-for-profit community groups and youth organizations (Non-registered are also considered).
Please note that someone on your fundraising team must have a Co-op membership to participate in this program if your organization does not have one, and that your group’s purpose should align with our Co-op’s values: Teamwork | Integrity | Excellence.
How it works:
Your group receives a percentage of the total amount of Co-op Food Gift Cards sold during your fundraiser.
1. Apply to participate at Evergreen Co-op.
2. Pre-sell Co-op Food Gift Cards to your community supporters (we’ll provide the forms).
3. Send us a summary of your sales and we’ll invoice you for the discounted total.
4. Give us a cheque for your total order.
5. Pick up and deliver your gift cards!
Gift cards are available in amounts of $25, $50, $100.
• The minimum gift card order is $2,000 per fundraiser.
• Groups must provide payment in the form of a cheque from the organization. Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted.
• Fundraising groups must be approved by Evergreen Co-op to participate in the program. Individuals, government agencies, profit-based organizations, third-party fundraising campaigns and groups that may have an adverse environmental impact are ineligible to participate.
• Equity is not earned on fundraising gift card orders.
Evergreen Co-op will provide the following:
• Provide the organizer with the Fundraising Package, including forms needed for sales and tracking
• Review timelines for fundraising and payment with the organizer
• Ensure gift cards are ready for group after Sales Summary Form and payment has been received
• Answer your questions relating to the program
You will provide the following:
• Maintain a single point of contact for Evergreen Co-op and keep in contact
• The contact person identified in the application will be the single point of contact for the program and will be the only authorized representative for discussing fundraising specifics after approval.
• Obtain, copy and distribute sales forms to your group
• Positively represent Evergreen Co-op as your fundraising partner
• Collect forms and payment from your group after fundraising
• Complete the Sales Summary Form along with a cheque payable to Evergreen Co-op for your percentage of final gift card sales. A cheque payable to Evergreen Co-op must be included with the gift card’s Sales Summary Form when handed in.
• Distribute gift cards in timely manner
Evergreen Co-op uses Do Some Good to power their application forms. Click here to access the Food Store Gift Card Application Form.
Evergreen Co-op, like other community-minded businesses, receives numerous requests for donations. Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks to review your requests and respond. Evergreen Co-op works hard to assist in as many community organizations as possible, however due to the high volume of requests received, not all worthwhile proposals may be approved. Such a response does not reflect upon the value of your organization and the valuable service you provide.